Thursday 25 February 2021

A question regarding G5 posts

Very soon I'm going to have to decide what information to keep spoiler-cut and what to accept is just out there now. Bear in mind it will be much harder to avoid everything than it was before the 2017 film appeared. Back then, we all knew already that the Mane Six would star, who their VAs were and so on. Right now we don't even know that about the upcoming movie. Can I avoid mentioning any information at all for seven months? Realistically, that's just not going to happen.

I also note that Equestria Daily has basically completely given up on spoiler warnings. For example, just last night there was a post asking who people's favourite of the (probably) revealed characters was. No warning, not even a G5 tag. We've also seen more than one Drawfriend post with a G5 character as the header image. Again, no spoiler cuts. If you go to EqD at any point between now and September, you will see G5 stuff, end of story.

So... I'm throwing this open to suggestions. What do you think I should do regarding G5 stuff here on Louder Yay? As I say, a total blackout is not really workable. On the other hand, I don't particularly want to plaster this site with spoilery pictures – all the more so now a friend has pointed out that hiding them with page breaks doesn't work properly on mobile. Sure, this is my site and in the end I get to decide. But I'd still like to know people's preferences.

5 comments:

  1. Eh, fuck it, everything's always available nowadays, why bother trying to avoid it? :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, since I posted that reply, EQD's got a G5 spoiler tag active, if that matters at all.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it's going to be nearly impossible to avoid, so a SPOILERS BELOW statement would be good enough for me. I don't think teaser-y images like the 3D one we got today are much of a spoiler. (Well, it reveals that the marketing people at Hasbro are manipulative jerks, but we knew that.)

      Specific details are another thing.

      Delete
    3. I think I can reassure you that I won't be posting "...and Twilight gets wings!" type stuff without some fairly serious warnings. I'm still irritated at being spoiled on Twi's tree being destroyed, and that was nearly seven years ago now!

      Delete