Saturday 7 September 2019

Is that BronyCon fanfic panel around?

Sorry for the vague title, but unfortunately I can't remember the precise name of the panel in question. I think it was something like "It's In Our Hands Now", but I'm not certain. I do know that it was at this year's BronyCon, and that it was about the future of ponyfic once the show itself ends. Anyway: was it filmed, and if so is the video easily accessible anywhere? I'd be interested in watching it if so, but a YouTube search on things like "BronyCon fanfic panel" doesn't seem to turn it up. Can anyone help, please? Even just letting me know if it wasn't filmed would be useful. Thanks!

PS: I definitely don't mean either the "There Can Be Only One" panel or the "Them's Writin' Words Live" panel. This one was specifically about the future.

4 comments:

  1. Since no-one else has commented...

    The exact title was: "It's in Our Hooves Now: The Importance of Fanfiction After the Series Ends". I didn't go to it as I was at the concert downstairs at the time (11.30pm on a Saturday evening is quite late for a fanfiction panel), so I don't know if it was filmed or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; I'll try some searches with the full title.

      Delete
  2. BronyCon has been pretty bad about filing the past few years. Understandably, they have a lot of panels to post, so it takes a while. Usually it was about 6 months before they'd appear on the offical YT channel. But they only posted about half the panels from 2017, and very few from 2018. This year, they didn't even bother having recording equipment in the rooms. If the con's over, nobody really wants to spend the next 6 months editing and uploading videos after all.

    tl;dr there is no official video, though I guess it's possible someone in the audience filmed it. I wouldn't count on it, though. I can ask the panelists if they have the slides somewhere online, if you want to look at those, or if they made notes or an outline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. It's not a huge deal, just that the subject interests me. An audience video would be fine, so I'll see if I can find one.

      Delete