Thursday 26 September 2019

Interlude


The Text Review Roundup for "Daring Doubt" should be with you tomorrow, so here's a filler post in the meantime. As I mentioned the other day, I went off for a day of steam trains at the weekend, with a couple of friends from the Pony fandom. The weather was spectacular for the second half of September, and sunburn was more of a worry than rain. 'Twas a good day. Anyway, here are a couple of photos, one with a (slight) pony theme – which lets me get away without using the "non-pony" tag! – and one without.

6 comments:

  1. Is that on the Gloucestershire-Warwickshire railway line? Looks very familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Close! It's the Severn Valley Railway -- which I'm lucky enough to live within walking distance of. I did go to the Glos/Warks gala earlier this year, as it happens but I did that one on my own.

      Delete
    2. Oh of *course*; I've been on that myself so I probably should have realised. I live in Cheltenham so I'm closer to the Gloucestershire one, naturally. It's nice to see so much heritage being preserved these days, after what has been a good few decades of national decline.

      Delete
    3. Certainly. A family friend used to work at the Black Country Museum as a photographer, and that's another place that's done some sterling work.

      I live in Bewdley, so I'm very fortunate: for the SVR gala, I was able to walk down to Bewdley station at stupid o'clock and catch a pre-dawn train. Watching dawn break over the misty Severn Valley while traveling was a magical experience. And since I'm an SVR member, I got in cheap, too. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it? :) I'm a member of the Severn Valley Railway, so I get discounted entry... and considering I can walk there from home, it means I can have a day out on the railway for under £15. (This one was a little more, since it was a gala weekend.)

      Delete