Friday 9 September 2016

The UK of Equestria August flashfic contest...

...is over, as you may have worked out for yourself. So no entering now. Besides, you had to be a UK of E member, since that was kind of the point. But anyway, should anyone wish to read the seven entries we had* then they can read the relevant UK of E thread, which is publicly viewable. It was won by Metaphor, partly on account of the custard. We were deliberately not going for Fimfiction-style (let alone Writeoff-style) intense reviewing there, and inevitably there were some rough edges, but I meant what I said: that all the entries had something to recommend them. The fandom could always do with more writers. :)

* Well, eight, since one person wrote a Littlest Pet Shop crossover, realised with about an hour to go that the rules disallowed crossovers and rushed out an eligible story to replace it.

Also, it would be nice to see a few more flashfic contests around the place. When I've had time to enter a few, I've always enjoyed them even if I've never actually won one. (I've had about six second places and hon menshes, though...) I mean specifically pony-related ones, too: as I've said before, I'm not one of those high-flown people who are moving increasingly towards proper, original stuff; I just want to write about ponies! If anyone knows of an MLP-themed flashfic contest going on right now, please do point me at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment