Saturday 13 July 2024

Well, that's annoying

Barring a last-minute miracle, I'm not going to be entering this year's Thousand Words Contest, which closes at 23:59 UTC tomorrow. I had intended to, but a couple of awkwardly timed hospital appointments meant that I really needed any ideas to work out first time – and the one I'd settled on just didn't. I might have another go outside the time constraints of the contest, or I might just stick a snippet in Little Bits and chat briefly about what I was hoping for.

Still, it does look like the contest will be a success, with the story count running into three figures once again. I do intend to continue my past practice and review the winners here at some point not too distant from the results announcement. For me, though, thank Celestia I did get a Dialogue Only Contest in, otherwise I probably would have gone a full year without a published ponyfic.

2 comments:

  1. You got one in, right? I thought I saw you in the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end, yeah! I thought that as I had so little time, I'd see how good I was at speedwriting,* so mine was written in under an hour.

      * Not very, to be honest. But it's fun to have something in the group, at least.

      Delete