Monday 12 February 2024

The meets scene seems in decent health still

At least here in the UK it does; I can't speak for anywhere else. The Worcester Shires meet on Saturday had no fewer than 18 attendees (albeit not all at once) which is very close to our all-time record – not bad considering we've been running for more than ten years! I've also noticed a couple of people discussing starting up local meets in other places.

As someone said on Discord, there was a bit of a feeling that with the end of Friendship is Magic and G4 as a whole, plus the underwhelming response to G5 (apart maybe from the original film), interest in ponymeets might start to show a clear decline. That doesn't in fact seem to be the case, and I for one am very happy about that. Long may this continue!

4 comments:

  1. The Worcester Shires
    ...

    OMstarry-manedG, that's appalling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am delighted to inform you that that name is my creation. :D

      We went years just being "the Worcester meets", then a few years ago we finally decided to pick a name. I suggested this, nobody else had an alternative moniker, so here we are!

      Delete
    2. You should be very... something! XD

      Delete
    3. I love something! Something is my favourite!

      Delete