Saturday 4 June 2022

New story by me: Echoes of a Song


Echoes of a Song by Loganberry
Fluttershy and Rarity
Sad/Slice of Life; 1k words; May 2022; Everyone

Fluttershy is renowned for her kindness, but that doesn't mean she's always done the right thing. Over tea with Rarity, she finally lets her friend know how cruel she once could be.

An entry for Bicyclette's A Thousand Words Contest.

Yes, the impossible has happened: Logan has actually written something (a bit) longer than a flashfic! Precisely one day before I'd have gone a year without a standalone story on Fimfiction, I got this one published. Woo-hoo. I should note that it was written for a currently active contest (it's now in the judging phase) so I won't say a lot about the fic itself here. I will say that, considering I've generally written short one-shots anyway, it was a surprisingly difficult challenge to get the thing down to exactly 1,000 words while retaining the essence of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment