Friday 4 November 2016

Pony Music Library 29: "My Arms Around Her"

It's been a while since we've had one of these on here! A lesser-known song today, albeit from a musician who was once one of the most famous in the fandom. He's now moved on and changed his account's name, and this video is unlisted – but the archive containing it is openly linked from the guy's current YouTube page, so I see no reason not to include it here.


What? "My Arms Around Her"

Who? UnderpΩny

Which? Original song based on sample from show

When? March 2012

Why? The artist's comment about this relaxing Applejack-themed piece is "a simple song for a simple pony", and that about sums it up. It uses a loop of background music written by William Anderson, who UnderpΩny felt didn't get sufficient credit. I'm not a huge fan of country music on the whole, but this track fits AJ very well indeed. As long as you're not bothered about the human/pony romance overtones, it's an excellent, laid-back song to have playing – fittingly enough – in the background.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting choice. I have a couple of Underpony's songs in my collection, but I can't say I remember listening to this one in particular before. Really nice melody, but I wish that the vocals were better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if there are any cover versions around, given that it's a relatively little-known song. I can't find any at a quick glance, though.

      Delete