Friday 1 March 2024

How Ponyfic Roundup will mark the upcoming milestones

The plural in the title is correct. Read on to see why! Assuming next week's edition goes according to plan, Ponyfic Roundup will then have reached its 1,995th story. I've been debating with myself recently about how to go about marking the big double thousand, and I've now decided. So, here's how it will go down:

6th March: PR 481, which as you already know will feature five fics.

13th March: PR 482, which will feature four stories, taking me to review number 1,999.

20th March: No PR! Instead there'll be some feeble attempts at hype.

26th March: Wait, a Tuesday? Why?! Because that will mean that PR 483 (featuring review number 2,000) will appear ten years to the day since I started all this fic-related rambling back in Ponyfic Roundup no. 1. An opportunity like that is just too good for me to pass up.

3rd April: Back to Wednesday for PR 484, which will see reviews number 2,001 to 2,005 inclusive. Sorry folks, no more anniversary excitement from there on in until I get round to doing PR 500 in the summer!

Now, the observant amongst you will have noticed a couple of things. One is that I've arranged my schedule so that the 2,000th fic to be reviewed will be a Spotlight. Indeed so! I feel I'd like to make the lucky (or unlucky, depending on how things go...) fic stand out for a double occasion such as this one.

The other thing you'll have noticed is that I'm not saying which fic I've chosen. That reveal will be part of the aforementioned feeble attempts at hype on the 20th! So for now all you get is that it's long enough (my guideline is 40,000 words or more), isn't Mature-rated and isn't a crossover.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It actually is! It's only just dawning on me what a big moment this is. :o

      Delete
  2. You know, considering I ended up scrambling for a good theme for my 100th edition of Monday Musings, off my efforts being redirected to my 2nd anniversary very shortly instead, I can't fault you from delaying by a week and publishing on a Tuesday to instead hit your 2000th review and 10-year anniversary simultaneously, giving you one less themed week to think of something fitting for. And you know, with two milestones combined into one, I'll be looking oh-so forward to it even more!

    Also PR 500 sometime in late July/early August too, haven't forgot about that. Hefty year for you indeed! In a good way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realise the dates would be so close until very recently; I thought I'd end up with a month or so between them. But yeah, once I did realise it was pretty much decided for me.

      As for PR 500, it's a shame in a way that I've already read Estee's Five Hundred Little Murders, since that would have been an ideal pick (though not as a Spotlight). I don't actually yet know what I'll do in -- probably -- August, so after this month I'll have to get thinking. :)

      Delete