Monday 27 February 2023

Reading for fun

A small but welcome bonus of my finally getting into a groove where I have more time to read: I now have the odd space to read stories I'm not reviewing. It's been a long time – some years, frankly – since I could fit in a re-read of a fondly remembered old fic. I may post the odd comment on how those have gone from time to time, but I won't be doing formal re-reviews of them. After all, not doing that is the point!

I probably still won't have time to re-read long fics, but the prospect of relaxing with something short and fun, not having to think too deeply or keep notes but just wallowing in it like a hot bath, is highly appealing. Think stuff like Naked Singularity (PR 2) or The Doom that Came to Tambelon (PR 211).

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. In fact, now that I check, they're both on my Excellent shelf, which is roughly equivalent to a four-star rating.

      Delete
    2. I gave Naked Singularity 9/10 (=a low five stars) originally, but having now reread it, I think it would get four today. It does have a few of CiG's early problems (a bit of LUS, for example) that I'd notice more now than I did in 2014.

      Delete