Tuesday 17 August 2021

Pony Music Library 62: "Fly My Kite"

Hey look, another feature I haven't used here since 2019! Pony Music Library was a fun little series, so I thought I'd bring it back, at least as an occasional thing. I'm starting off now with a song that wasn't even released when I posted PML 61!

What? "Fly My Kite"

Who? 4everfreebrony

Which? Original song

When? May 2020

Why? A true modern classic now, one which a friend found when it was still quite new but which I really like. This is a song about Starlight, whose liking for kites appeared in S7E04, "Rock Solid Friendship", though she'd had kites in her room a season earlier. Anyway, the song is one of the wonderfully melodic pieces for which 4everfreebrony has been rightly famed for many years now. The vocals are calm, yet with just enough emotion to hint at the emotional turmoil Glimmy has been through during her life. They give us a few of the highlights (and lowlights) of Starlight's story from Sunburst leaving right through to her acceptance by the Ponyville gang. Through it all, Starlight finds happiness and solace in her kite-flying. Never, ever let it be said that brony music died after 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment