Sunday 21 July 2019

Well, there's a few themed Ponyfic Roundups sorted!

Super Trampoline's FimFiction Feghoot Festival closed yesterday (barring any entries allowed extensions) and, once judging is over, I rather fancy the idea of reviewing some of them here. I've been slacking on the themed PRs front in recent months, and this seems a decent way to do something about them. Since there have been over 60 contest entries, I don't think I'm going to be reviewing all of them. I'll see how the results are announced first and then make a decision.

Those with long memories may recall that back in the early days of Ponyfic Roundup, I reviewed the 20+ finalists of the Equestria Daily "Outside Inside" competition, which asked entrants to write about ponies from a non-pony point of view. (See PRs 25, 26, 27 and 28.) It was pretty interesting, but it was also pretty time-consuming. On the other hoof, that contest had a higher word limit. I make no promises, and it's unlikely I'll end up reviewing all the entrants, though I'd like to read more than just the winners.

Ideally, I'd finish this post with a terrible pun, but you know what I'm like. Instead, here's a terrible pone.

3 comments:

  1. With the exception of Frenemies I found it hard to pick a clear favourite from the others episodes as there were a lot of good episodes of the first half of the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may have accidentally commented on the wrong post. :)

      Delete
  2. As one of the judges, I felt a bit of panic when I saw the number of entries. Fortunately, they were broken up into groups, so we aren't required to read them all!

    As one of the judges... I'd score your finish at 6/10. ;)

    ReplyDelete