Tuesday 19 March 2019

"Young Six" it is, then

No, no, this was a totally random choice...
I've been playing the Pocket Ponies game on my phone quite a bit, now it's finally appeared on Android. It's freemium, but not (yet?) as onboxiously so as the Gameloft MLP game. It takes a lot of grinding to buy powerful ponies, but the numbers aren't completely impossible. The art style is really pretty cute, which helps. (See picture above.) I expect I'll get bored with it eventually, but that hasn't happened yet.

The other point of this post is that the game uses the term "Young 6" to refer to the students. I don't quite know why it's with the numeral, given that the same game uses "Mane Six" with the number written out as a word. With that in mind, though, I'm going to shift over from "Student Six" to "Young Six" from now on. It's not actually show canon (yet?) but it's clearly now extended canon. Not using the numeral, though!

3 comments:

  1. Not the biggest fan of the young six name, I do prefer the student six in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, and I wish that name had been made official – but for me the weight of (extended) canon is now enough to make me change.

      Delete
  2. Saw that in an upcoming episode synopsis. >.> If you ask me, the Young 6 are the mane 6 as fillies.

    ReplyDelete