Thursday 2 March 2017

New story by me: The Book of Ended Lives

Cover image: Applejack looking unhappy
Marvel at my astounding "yeah, that filter, I suppose" skills, y'all!
To my enormous relief, I've finally got a new story up on Fimfiction. My last fic, More than Alive, was a pretty niche affair set in an alternate universe and still has under 100 views after two months. Even for me, that's not many. This new story, set firmly in the Ponyville we know, has surpassed its predecessor (and by quite some margin) in two days. Here's the summary:

The Book of Ended Lives by Loganberry
Applejack and OC
Sad/Slice of Life; 4k words; Feb 2017; Teen
I'm Last Account. For quite a while now, I've been the Keeper of the Book of Ended Lives here in Ponyville Town Hall, and it can be hard work – especially when Fluttershy visits the office. This afternoon, though, it's Applejack. She's here to tell me about the timberwolf she killed earlier. To start with.

My last published fic rather came out of nowhere. The Book of Ended Lives did not: in fact, it's been in my mind since well before More than Alive was, and I've been working on it, on and off, since late last year. One reason it's taken so long is that it began life as a very different story, centring on the Fluttershy aspect that now forms only a small part of the tale. I didn't sit down to write the AJ fic it's become, but sometimes the story won't let you do what you want and insists you do things its way. This is one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment