Saturday 25 June 2016

Comic review: Friends Forever #29: Rarity and Maud Pie

MLP Friends Forever #29, cover A
Tony Fleecs's art really does look good these days
Okay, while I wait for my country to disintegrate around me (or not), here's a belated review of the most recent FF comic. I'm pleased to say that the team of Ted Anderson, Brenda Hickey and Heather Breckel have produced a very entertaining adventure story here, a little reminiscent of a tamer Daring Do story in places. Having Rarity and Maud meet at a rock convention is a brilliant idea, one that instantly makes perfect sense. I also like the gimmick of having snippets from Rarity's diary to fill in the gaps around the speech bubbles. The villain isn't one of the greatest and the ending is a little abrupt, but this is plenty of fun, the artwork is pleasant to look at and the whole thing is easy to recommend. ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment