Saturday, 18 July 2026

So, then, how about this G6 malarkey?

I'm not sure what to make of the very limited announcements so far, but that's not surprising really. Until we get a bit more public information – or some leaks – then there's not a lot to say. One big question is whether G6 will do a G5 and be explicitly in the same continuity as Friendship is Magic. I'm one of the people who would prefer a fresh start, with perhaps the odd Easter Egg reference (see the way G1 was used in most of FiM), but Hasbro will be doing what they think will sell toys. I know, shocking, isn't it? But still: new Pony is coming!

4 comments:

  1. boy oh boy :B and I ain't even seen any of G5 still

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that there is now the possibility of more (good) pony. I hope that it will be well-written by people who don't have a crap-it-out-for-kids-who-will-watch-anything attitude. I hope it will not make the characters visually ugly. I hope that Hasbro execs will be as minimally invasive as possible. I hope it is set in a world of magic, fantasy, and endless possibilities, rather than in one that is a thin and lazy analog of the modern world.

    And, of course, I hope there will be airships.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also hope it will involve flying pigs.

      Although, given the genre, that might actually be more plausible...

      - Impossible Numbers

      Delete