Sunday 5 March 2023

Non-Pony: I'll be doing a His Dark Materials reread blog soon

Those of you who read either my Fimfiction blog or my Dreamwidth will already know about this, but just to complete the set: the recent BBC adaptation of Philip Pullman's classic fantasy trilogy His Dark Materials has really got me interested in rereading the books. So I thought about doing that, and then I thought, why don't I do that as a blog that people can follow along with if they wish?

After putting out a couple of feelers, it seems that there's at least a little interest in reading my ramblings on such a thing. As such, it's happening. (You'll have to imagine the accompanying GIF.) I don't yet have an exact date but I hope to get going this month. Not on Louder Yay, of course, but on my Dreamwidth. Posts will be public, so you won't need to have a DW account to read or comment.

I think two chapters a week, with one post for each, is a pace I can keep up pretty well over a fairly long period. They'll be fairly short: think my FiM rewatches rather than my reviews of new episodes. That's all for the moment. If you're interested, please keep an eye out on DW. I'll try to remember to give an update here when the reread is ready to start, but you know what I'm like!

No comments:

Post a Comment