Sunday 8 January 2023

So, about that "28 Pranks Later" rewatch

It seems to have been fairly obvious that this rewatch wasn't my finest piece of writing about Friendship is Magic. In truth it was probably a stupid decision for me to write a rewatch at that precise moment. Yesterday was a significant anniversary of the worst day of my life. A few of you reading this may know what I mean, but I'm not going to go into details in public. Suffice it to say that I am just not up to editing the rewatch post or responding to very long comments. They've been read and all those disagreements noted, but I am not in a happy mood at the moment and I think I need to draw a line under that post. I'll get to the next episode when I can. Thank you for reading this boring ramble.

5 comments:

  1. I must plead ignorance on this one, but I'm saddened to learn you're having a rough time of it. Please keep it to yourself next time so the rest of us can stay happy! :D

    Nah, I kid, I kid. That'd be cruel.

    If I may: even if only emotionally, we have a better understanding of the you behind the screen, and more importantly, you must do what is best for yourself in the meantime. If it's any consolation, I'm sorry you're going through an anniversary of something you'd doubtless rather forget. I have dates of my own I don't look forward to being reminded of. Part of the baggage of life, it would seem.

    However you see fit, take care of yourself. And I hope the capricious winds of fortune blow a gentler breeze your way soon enough. Till next time, Loganberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have said the disagreements on the episode were anything less than civil myself. And yes, you could have postponed the rewatch and writeup, given you've done so before for less than this.

    But that doesn't matter; as Impossible Numbers noted, taking care of yourself for the future, never mind the past, is what matters. Never feel an obligation to us. We all have uncomfortable dates via memories of them. It happens. We just need to keep moving forward, and own life as best we can.

    We'll be here for the next post, so until then, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mike I wouldn't have said the disagreements on the episode were anything less than civil myself.

    Um, neither would I. And I didn't. Nor do I think my post implies that. So I'm not really sure why you said that. But still, thank you too.

    Anyway, in truth the fact you and IN both made very long comments made it harder for me to cope with. That's not a request for you to stop doing so, not at all. Just that after a certain time it got too much for me.

    As for the next post, that's already up, so I hope you were here for it! If not, I shall... well, I don't imagine I'll do anything, really. I may eat a biscuit or something. :P

    @Present Perfect: And thank you as well.

    ReplyDelete