Thursday 1 July 2021

G5 film logo, release date... and cast!

The P loses its heart for some reason

Well, here it is! I won't be reproducing the cast poster here in consideration of those who are avoiding spoilers – but I think it's probably unreasonable to avoid even mentioning the name now. I'll have to use it in post tags, after all. A New Generation it is. Not the most thrilling or original of titles, but it will serve. I'm not going to consider the new logo a spoiler either, especially as it's pretty close to the old one. (No rainbow, though!)

Lots of details on EqD if you want the nitty-gritty, including that cast poster. But what I will say here is that those (not many) I do know of the cast seem reasonable choices, and I'm interested to see some characters revealed beyond the five we already knew about. There are a total of ten of them shown on the cast poster (which is on EqD). There's also one very familiar name involved with the screenplay.

Oh, and we have a release date! A New Generation will be making its debut on Netflix on 24th September. That's a Friday, by the way, so if you want to see it on release day don't accidentally go into FiM mode and leave it until the Saturday! I suspect I'll always be a bit sad that I can't watch this in the cinema with my friends as I did in 2017. But hey ho, that's the world we live in right now.

I'm going to have to think a bit now about how to organise Louder Yay when writing about the G5 film between now and September, and what level of spoiler-care to use. For example, if we get a trailer then that will be on here. It would be absurd not to post it. However, if I can find a version with a thumbnail that isn't spoilery (as I could for the 2017 film and EqG movies) then I will use that.

For now, though, I'm just excited that we've finally got some more information that isn't just "new toy set appears on website"!

6 comments:

  1. Huh. That's actually the first piece of art from G5 that I actually dislike. It's too hard-edged and rectilinear in feel for me. Slightly muddy colors, too.

    But if that's the worst thing about G5, I will be very happy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, now you mention it I'm a bit unsure about the brick-like quality of the logo. Still, as you say, a lot more is riding on some of the other stuff!

      Delete
    2. Have you seen the new clip of Sunny rollerblading down the path from the lighthouse, though? Spectacular!

      Delete
    3. The very brief bit shown in the cast video? I have! I wish it had been a longer clip -- which I guess is a good sign in itself. :)

      Delete
    4. The top one in this post:

      https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/955177/sunny-starscout-explains-why-the-large-hadron-collider-is-so-large

      Delete
    5. Yep, that's the one I was thinking of.

      Delete