Sunday 15 March 2020

In which Logan gets a little too real

All right. Let's do this.

Anyone who still thinks this is "just the flu bro" is a fool, and you shouldn't give them the time of day. Flu itself can be very dangerous, and Covid-19 is a great deal worse for a variety of reasons, including its considerably higher mortality rate and the lack of any vaccine. Countries do not generally shut down vast swathes of their economies for flu epidemics, not within your or my lifetime in any case. And the situation will get worse before it gets better. So with that cheery opening out of the way, what about Louder Yay?

As of right now, I do intend to continue with this blog. I am in a vulnerable group as someone with diabetes, so it is possible that I may be asked (or even required) to stay home 24/7 within weeks. Possibly for several months without a break. Yes, really. But whether that happens or not, I cannot possibly spend my entire waking hours haunted by real-world tales of death and misery. I've always said that My Little Pony has in large part been an escapist fantasy for me, and that really applies now.

I plan on very soon continuing with my rewatch of the series, continuing next with "Sisterhooves Social". I plan on finally getting around to "Sounds of 2013", which I've kept nearly starting. I plan on reading more than two or three ponyfics a week! I do not plan on reporting every postponement or cancellation of a convention, since there will be a lot of those and that will be more effectively covered elsewhere. I do intend to give a mention to any updates announced for UK events, though.

But please note "plan" and "intend". I may well not be able to keep up the regular schedules I've (mostly) managed up until now. Things in the real world are changing by the day at the moment, and I couldn't possibly commit to doing something this time next week. For example, I want to put up Ponyfic Roundup 287 on Wednesday and 288 the Wednesday after that, but you should not be especially surprised if that schedule slips a bit or even skips a week from time to time.

Hopefully my next post will be a bit lighter! I wish all my readers, and their families and friends, good health.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck, and thanks for continuing the blog!

    ReplyDelete