Thursday 11 August 2022

Andrea Libman to attend UK PonyCon!

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy - Cheek hug by CaNoN-lb
( CC by-nc-sa 3.0 )

A few weeks ago, I reported the sad news that UK PonyCon guest of honour Kelly Sheridan had been forced to withdraw from attending this year's event. As I mentioned there, the UKPC people had said that they were exploring other possibilities, but I think deep down many of us didn't think it was very likely that they could get another show guest at only a couple of months' notice. Most of us were talking in terms of which community guests we'd be interested to see.

Shows how wrong we were! Yesterday, UK PonyCon caught everyone¹ by surprise – and how. Not only is it the case that UKPC will have a new show guest of honour, but that guest will be Andrea Libman. Yes, that's right: the voice of Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie will be attending the convention in person. It's fair to say that the announcement was incredibly well received, and quite rightly so. I think my first reaction on the little Discord server some of my friends group uses was something like "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
¹ Okay, nearly everyone. It must have been so difficult for those who knew and had to keep quiet!

I am immensely impressed with this reveal. No Mane Six VA has ever attended a UK MLP convention, not even BUCK. And yet here we are with UK PonyCon breaking new ground, 12 years after Friendship is Magic debuted. Those on the con committee and elsewhere who helped make this happen, I take my hat off to you. And to Andrea Libman, thank you so very, very much for agreeing to come to UKPC. I hope Nottingham will make you really welcome this October.

No comments:

Post a Comment