Saturday 13 June 2020

Since Fimfiction is down right now...

...it's quite likely that Ponyfic Roundup 300 will be delayed. If I'd been doing a normal PR, I could have reviewed a few fics from my printed books or something, but this one needs to wait until I have reliable access again. (I thought I'd downloaded everything I wanted, but I seem to have missed one or two stories.) If the server upgrade that they're taking advantage of the crash to do takes forever then I'll reassess, but for now I can only apologise.

In the meantime, I'll be at UK PonycOnline today, so do feel free to say hi in the Discord if you see me around. My username is Loganberry.

7 comments:

  1. I saw the Twitter updates as I was deleting my account (along with every other social media account; I have so had enough of the world right now) - it does make me chuckle when the update is "We've got no ETA for xyz reasons", and three quarters of the responses are "When is it going to be fixed?"

    I'm sure PR300 will be worth the wait. Have fun at the event! I'm going to finish binging S5 of She Ra before starting S2 of Kipo. May an enjoyable weekend be had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've at least figured out I can use Fimfetch for continuous reading. Won't work if I run out of audiobooks, of course, nor can I post anything, but this dude is abiding. :B

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cloptimist13 June 2020 at 15:26

    Swear blind this post wasn't showing when I wrote the reply on the 299th edition...!

    Fimfetch is missing half my stories, but oddly *does* have the art, description and chapter titles from one I never finished or published.

    Paperhearts, obviously do whatever you think is best for you - obviously! - but if you do delete, you will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't mean my FimFic account; more Twitter and Facebook and the like. Sorry for the confusion.

      Delete
    2. The Cloptimist13 June 2020 at 15:57

      Oh, good! Sorry for being confused! And yay! And yes.

      Delete
  4. The Cloptimist13 June 2020 at 16:46

    And it's back online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! Between that and the con, though, I'm going to stick to my plan. I now expect PR 300 to go up a week on Wednesday, ie 24th June. :)

      Delete