Friday 13 December 2019

Ponyfic writing update

All being well, I'll have my look back at "Call of the Cutie" up tomorrow. I'd like to get on with Sounds of 2012 in the next few days, too. For now, though, I'll fill in by mentioning that I've acquired a cheap Bluetooth keyboard (one of these) after seeing it for £4.50 in a local charity shop. It works surprisingly well given the price, it runs on two AAA batteries which seem to last ages, and it's quiet enough that I can happily use it on a coffee shop table without disturbing other customers. Now that GDocs works offline, it's pretty fuss-free.

I've been using the opportunity to do a little bit of ponyfic writing. I tend to just sit down and tap away, and see what emerges. Most of it will never see the light of day, but I do have one that seems promising. It's just a light, silly little piece in which a union official working on Equestrian Railways visits Twilight to explain why the state of the rail infrastructure across the land makes it impossible for her members to continue working, and so they've gone on strike. This isn't exactly The Railway Ponies: Highball, but I'm having fun with it nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment