Monday 3 September 2018

Flashfic 150's September (not-actually-a-)contest is now live

All things being well, I'll have my review of S8E19 up tomorrow. I've actually now seen up to episode 23 inclusive, but I'm going to stick to my weekly review schedule to stop things getting too hectic for me to cope with.

I keep forgetting to plug these things, so here we go: Flashfic 150 is a monthly contest, run by yours truly, in which you get a prompt and have three weeks (ish) to write a brief story inspired by it. The catch is that you have a maximum of 150 words to do so. There are a few other rules, notably no M-rated fics and no crossovers, but otherwise you get fairly wide discretion as to how you go about things. I judge this, which adds another dimension of unspeakable terror.

There's no actual prize for Flashfic 150, beyond the winner getting to choose the next prompt, largely because I don't want there to be a prize. It's not supposed to be that kind of contest, but rather a bit of fun. You probably will get some feedback, though how much tends to vary quite a bit from month to month. Everyone with a Fimfiction account can enter – you just need to join the Flashfic group and you're good to go.

The prompt for September is "Birthday Magic", and you can find the contest thread right here. If you want to give it a go, you'd be very welcome!

2 comments:

  1. The prompt made me smile, as my birthday's on the 30th. :)
    (and looking on the thread itself, apparently one of the participants was also born on that day!)

    ReplyDelete